Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Lainey's First Day of Kindergarten

Lainey had her first day of kindergarten yesterday, she was so excited she could hardly wait until after lunch to go. Her teacher is Mrs. Wood and she asked them to make a doll that resembled themselves...so here's what we came up with. Blond hair, big blue eyes, of course red lips, a dress made of candy wrappers (Lainey's favorite), silver high heels, and her own pink purse! I probably should have let her just color the thing, but I guess I am reliving my kindergarten years with her! Lainey's favorite part of the day was the bus ride! She gets to sit and talk to a million of our neighbors and doesn't even have to wear a seatbelt! (Why school buses don't have seatbelts will always puzzle me.) I am so proud of my big girl on her first day of Kindergarten, I hope you have fun all year long. I love you Lainey!



2 comments:

Brendon and Necia said...

She is so cute! I can't believe that she is already in Kindergarten!!

Jeff and Melina Burgess said...

She is so big. I just love seeing your girls they are darling. Agreed on the seatbelts on buses, of all the places TO have them, I guess less stress for the driver enforcing seatbelt rules.